Last Updated: 29th June 2018
- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- Legal basis for processing your information
- How are your details used for Marketing?
- How long are your details retained?
- How to access your information, correction and erasure
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
WHEN YOU VISIT OUR WEBSITE
If you choose to register for an online account we request that you provide personal information about yourself. This information is limited to the minimum information required to place an order. gometrics does not use this information unless you choose to place an order.
We also collect anonymous aggregate website usage statistics and data.
WHEN YOU PLACE AN ORDER
We collect information about you when you register with us to place an order. This information is collected from two sources.
- Website: Automatically from your online account or supplied at the checkout if you order as a guest
- Direct Contact: Information supplied via phone, fax or email to our sales team.
We limit this information to what is necessary to process your order and any additional information needed to support the smooth and successful completion of your order. This is usually limited to
- Job Title
- Company Name
- Contact Information
- Delivery / Invoice addresses
- Additional contacts within corporations needed to process or obtain additional information that relates to the order such as engineers, or accounts departments etc
- Payment Information
We may also collect information about you when you voluntarily complete contact forms or personally request marketing material from us depending on the permission you have granted us by cookies, permission granted when you submit forms, or interactions you agree to on the phone.
INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN
The Websites are not intended for or targeted at children under 16, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 16. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com, so that we may delete the information.
2. HOW WILL WE USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information about you to process your order and manage your account (please note, your website account is for your purposes only and does not represent the account details we hold or manage on your behalf).
- personalise your browsing experience on the website
- send information or content to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our business
- promote use of our services to you and share promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences
- meet legal requirements.
USE OF CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
If you give us credit card information, we will only use it to collect payment from you. When ordering online all information is encrypted. When giving details over the phone your details will be collected by our sales team. These details are immediately destroyed after payment is processed inline with PCI DSS compliance. We use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use information you provide except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. We secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in controlled, secure environments, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. All Personal Information is protected using appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures.
SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
3. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We must have a legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above. This legal basis will depend on the personal information concerned, the method in which we collect it and the processing activity involved. In the majority of cases, your information is processed as part of a legal obligation or contract. We also process your data in our legitimate interest so long as it is not overridden by your data protection interests and fundamental rights and freedoms. This includes but may not be limited to the processing activites below,
Your data may be processed as part of our legal obligation to
- maintain VAT records for HMRC. This may include copies of invoices and sales orders etc.
Your information will be processed in order for us to complete contractual obligations such as processing,
- Sales Orders/Contracts
- Credit Accounts
Your details will be processed in our legitimate interest for the following purposes
- Providing technical support to products your have ordered
- Offering warranty replacements
- Sending you promotions about related products and services (Existing corporate contacts only)
- Sending you essential information about product calibration and recommended expiry dates
Your details may be processed with your consent to
- Send you promotions about related products and services (Private customer and new leads)
- Personalise your web browsing experience
- Publish customer testimonials and comments
4. HOW ARE YOUR DETAILS USED FOR MARKETING?
We would like to send you information about products and services. We tag all our customer contacts with a code indicating what type of industry your company is in to improve the service we offer and filter marketing material to only the most appropriate content.
You can manage your marketing subscriptions at anytime using the links below, opt-out options will always be provided in our marketing communications
If you are an existing customer and have placed an order with us, we will send you marketing material under the basis of “Soft-Opt-In”. You can stop these at any time by unsubscribing on the bottom of any communication we send you. If you are a new customer, before we send you any marketing material, we send you a link where you can update your marketing preferences and unsubscribe.
If you are not yet a customer of ours, but we have gained your details via some form of interaction, we will only contact you with marketing material if you have given us explicit content consent as part of our interactions with you.
If you have consented to receive marketing, or are receiving marketing as part of “Soft-Opt-In”, you can always opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing please click unsubscribe at the bottom of any communication we have sent you, or Manage your Email Subscriptions here.
HOW LONG ARE YOUR DETAILS RETAINED?
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
We retain Personal Information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as long as is required in order to contact you about the order or our other services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we securely delete the information or anonymise it or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request.
If you request us to erase your records and wish to never again receive marketing material we may maintain the minimal information required in line with recommended practices to ensure we don’t message you by mistake.
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION, CORRECTION AND ERASURE
You have the following data protection rights:
- You can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to processing of your personal information or ask us to restrict processing of your personal information. If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal. Processing that takes place on any other lawful grounds other than consent will not be affected.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us by,
- completing our Privacy Rights Form
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- or by mail to gometrics instruments SA
We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable time frame and notify you of the action we have taken.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a resusa.